A family dentist is a general dentist who provides dental care to patients of all ages. They can diagnose and treat a wide range of dental issues, including cavities, gum disease, and teeth grinding. The best dentist Mississauga can also perform routine procedures such as cleanings and fillings, as well as more complex procedures like root canals and crowns.
An orthodontic dentist, also known as an orthodontist, is a dental specialist who focuses on the diagnosis, prevention, and treatment of dental and facial irregularities. They are trained to straighten teeth and align jaws using braces, retainers, and other orthodontic appliances. Orthodontists often work with patients who have malocclusions, which are misalignments of the teeth and jaws that can cause problems with biting and speaking.
What kind of treatments can you do for dental and facial irregularities
Orthodontic treatment can be used to correct a wide range of dental and facial irregularities, including:
- Misaligned teeth: Orthodontic treatment can be used to straighten teeth that are crowded, gapped, or rotated.
- Overbite: An overbite is a condition where the upper teeth overlap the lower teeth too much. Orthodontic treatment can be used to correct this issue.
- Underbite: An underbite is a condition where the lower teeth protrude beyond the upper teeth. Orthodontic treatment can be used to correct this issue.
- Crossbite: A crossbite is a condition where the upper and lower teeth do not align properly when biting down. Orthodontic treatment can be used to correct this issue by dentist in Mississauga Ontario.
- Open bite: An open bite is a condition where there is a gap between the upper and lower teeth when biting down. Orthodontic treatment can be used to correct this issue.
Orthodontic treatment can involve the use of braces, which are metal or ceramic brackets that are attached to the teeth and connected by a wire. The wire is tightened over time to gradually move the teeth into their proper positions. Orthodontic treatment can also involve the use of removable appliances such as aligners or retainers.